Mulled Wine Jelly is the perfect festive gift! It’s perfect for those bring-a-plate events, or for a special little homemade Christmas gift.
This is my recipe for Mulled Wine Jelly:
Mulled Wine Jelly
- 1 bottle (750ml) Merlot or other full-bodied wine (the cheaper, the better!)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (bottled is fine)
- 1 packet pectin (New Zealanders look for King’s Jam Setting Mix in the baking isle of your local Pak ‘n Save)
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- Spices (all spice, cinnamon, cloves, vanilla, too taste)
- Combine wine, lemon juice, and Jam Setting Mix in a large Jam Pot.
- Bring to the boil, stirring frequently. Add sugar and spices, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Return to a rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly or until setting point.
- Remove from heat. Skim foam off top, if necessary.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot, sterilised jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Process for ten minutes in boiling water bath.
- Serve with a sharp cheddar and crackers. Enjoy!
For more tips on jams and jellys, plus how to sterilise preserving jars, check out my post with tips on preserving!